Friday, June 29, 2012

Black and White Portraits

It's important to have fun when you are practicing your skills! ^_^ When I discover a technique or style, I really try it several times, and my sisters and bestfriends are the usual models. Like for example on the following drawings, they are sketched portraits of my sisters and two of my bestfriends. Doing this was challenging in a way, I wanted to simplify the drawing, without too much detail, in fact, their faces especially the eyes are not too realistic. I chose to experiment on a grayscale and a large contrast of black and white with a few midtones here and there for forms. :) I really did enjoy these exercises.



  



 







2 comments:

  1. I like this! I am after all a fan of Black and White art. But I'm also working on my coloring, too. :) And another thing, I know them! LOL

    ReplyDelete