Sunday, November 11, 2012

Skewl Stuff 2: Viking Character


Wow! It's been quite a while since my last post!
Before anything else, I would have to tell you a bit about what has been going on during the past weeks away from giving my blog some attention.
Last semester ended with a nice beach outing in Carmer together with my other Animation schoolmates! It was a great place to chill and swim-- a private rest house owned by our classmate's uncle-- the best part is we got the place for free!!! YES!! FREE!! All we had to spend for was our food and other needs-- which was as agreed by everyone --be taken from the funds we earned during our Intrams week.. Oh yeah! 

Sadly, not all were able to pass all the subjects, some need to retake a few ones next year. And for us graduating students-- those who passed, we are quite anxious about this coming semester! It's our last! We have to hold and not give up! This is our final quarter! XD


Now back to my drawing post, here's another one from our digital essentials-- digital sketching exercises.
This plate is all about making our own Viking inspired Character Design. Vikings are kind of cool coz they have been notorious barbaric seafarers in the Northeastern European land and seas.

I had several references for the clothes, armor, weapons, etc, even how they look.

This character of mine has a good upright posture, indicating that he must be a leader amongst other vikings whom are commonly seen in a slightly leaned forward, our slight crouching position as if ready to lunge at anything anytime.I made the horns not twisted upright which is common among viking characters, this time I kind of thought that not all helmets in their time actually are upright. I chose a nice bright shade of ginger for his hair and axe as my weapon of choice that best fits this character.


I have to admit that I had tedious work done especially on the fur-took me long-- though it wasn't difficult. All for the reason of paintng them individually instead of customizing a brush that would make things work faster. I still have issues in painting drapery and metal. But I am happy I had gone this far. :)
Will be posting more drawings soon! Gotta make up for all those days not been able to post. Will be sharing about the next part of my semestral vacation too! till then! XD keep drawing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment